Tips for IRA Rollover accounts

  1. Roll-over accounts need to be listed in a Decree of Dissolution or Property settlement agreement with the account’s name, last 4 digits, name of the account, and how much the person is receiving, either in a dollar figure or a percentage.
  2. If the person puts money into the account before marriage, then a calculation must be done to distinguish between the separate property and the community property.
  3. Some IRA roll-over accounts do not require a Qualified Domestic Relations Order.
  4. IRA roll-over accounts do not fall under ERISA.