A Simpler Way to get Divorced

If a married couple wants to end their marriage and agree on how to end their relationship, there is a more straightforward way to get divorced in Maricopa county and soon state-wide.

The paperwork required can be drafted in advance and wait 60 calendar days. The Judge will sign the final Decree and mail it to each person once the waiting period has passed. Some paperwork that needs to be submitted is the Petition/Response, the Decree of Dissolution if there are children involved, a parenting plan, and a child support worksheet. If there is a retirement plan, the paperwork can also be drafted and given to the Judge for signature.

Our office can help a couple draft the paperwork required for this process, including the QDRO/DRO or the order to divide the retirement account.